Wednesday, June 23, 2010

11 Days Left and no one is worried...

The counter on this page tells me there are 11 days left until the bike trip. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not really all that worried about the trip, having done all this before (and the England trip makes a nice distraction). But it seems that none of the other bikers are worried either, and that worries me.

And to be more accurate, the trip doesn't really worry me, but the implicit "leader" position does. When Jason and I went, neither of us really knew what we were doing, and spent a lot of time shrugging at each other and making arbitrary decisions based on limited information. So I am concerned that the other folks will look to me to make good decisions rather than poorly-informed guesses.

At the very least, I am quite good at reading the Adventure Cycling maps, so at least there's that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe you can clarify to everyone from the start that though you are the most experienced of the group it does not mean that you have a crystal ball and the know it all encyclopaedia (I guess you're already sort of doing it here).
This is going to be one amazing trip! I can't wait to follow you guys online.